Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

New garage in Darwin. Who are recommended? Tips?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am new to the NT home owner/improvement scene and are looking at buying a house in Darwin's Northern suburbs for the first time.

It seems difficult to find a house with a double lockup garage for my cars as most seem to have a carport umr only and a small garden shed if anything so i am starting to get quotes to guage the additional cost i need to consider on top of the house price.

So I am here looking for recent recommendations on garage/shed builders and suppliers and and any helpful tips.

Basic specs i am looking at for now will be:

Colourbond
6x9m
High walls to suit hoist
2 roller doors
1 pa door
Insulated
Vermin sealed
150mm concrete slab (for hoist)

*I am open to interstate suppliers if quality is good and freight isnt excessive etc.

Pictures of any recent garage builds are welcomed for ideas, aswell as any tips for making the garage comfortable to work inside with the heat and humidity.

I am only recently starting to consider a garage with eaves as i have heard it will help with wall temps and keep the rain away from the door openings etc.

Undecided on whirlybirds in the roof for ventilation either, as im not convinced they dont leak in the wet season and dont get noisy with age/wear.

Thoughts?
Related
6/06/2023
Brick pier replacement methodology / tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Just be careful with building stability during construction, that is when the structure may be weakened, refer to your engineering drawings for stability methodology.

30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

20/02/2024
Do I need a new garage door motor or I being scammed?

Windows & Doors

My garage door has started playing up recently. Sometimes (and getting more frequent) when I press the button to open it, it wont. The motor is an ATA GD0-6V3. Red and…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum