Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Bi-Fold Doors with Retractable flyscreens

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Am planning to have bi-fold doors with retractable flyscreens. Anybody had any experience with retractable flyscreens and how they function along with bi-fold doors. Any disadvantages that anybody had experienced?

Thx
We have very large retractable insect screens, but with large sliding doors rather than bi-folds. We went with sliding doors based on a recommendation that many owners for some reason fail to actually use bifold doors. Anyway, your question is about insect screens, so happy to answer questions.
You have 2 posts on the go.
One refers to retractable fly screens and the other is bifold crimsafe doors.
Are you talking about the same door and trying to decide what type of door/screen combo you are going with?
Hi Chippy, Here is my current requirement as per the first sketch drawn by architect for my proposed house. Is is having nearly 10 to 12 meters of area covering dining, living, courtyard. Am trying to use either fully bi fold doors or subject to cost a combination of bi fold and sliding stacker glass door. Whichever I use, I need to cover them with crimsafe for safety reasons. So am thinking what is the best option, where I can optimize cost. Do I need to spend in all the cases say sliding stacker door plus crimsafe where I use sliding stacker door or bi fold glass doors plus cruisafe. Now for a specific portion of living where alfresco starts, am thinking of using CRIMSAFE bi fold doors for the alfresco. So in this case, I may not opt for CRIMSAFE for glass doors to the living, as already crimsafe bi fold doors at the alfresco serves the safety reason. Thx
We have about 11m of glazing across our central courtyard/alfresco.
In the end we opted for a parting slider across the alfresco. Initially we were thinking of bifolds but the difficulty with security screens was the reason we just went with sliders.
We had stackers on our last house and for the minor increase in opening size versus the struggle again with screens was the reason we went with standard sliders.
Our courtyard is planted right up to our picture window so they just have fixed glazing with highline awnings so there is nothing interrupting the open look.
Unless you are prepared to spend big dollars it's very hard to find the perfect option. Thats why we opted for 2400 high sliders. No stack to worry about like with bifolds. They are simple to use and easy to put security screens on.
Good luck.
Thanks Chippy for the inputs. That is helpful.
Related
14/05/2023
Sliding Doors

General Discussion

we have a standard size and often we have a lot of variety to choose

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

5/09/2023
Sliding doors direction

General Discussion

Pls help! The black marks show where our outdoor entertaining area would be along side of house as we have an irregular backyard and want to make use of the side as…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum