Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Final Progress Payment Documentation for bank

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

Wondering if anyone can help. We have renovated our existing home. Builder has finished and issued us with relevant certificates and final payment invoice which has been submitted to the bank.

We are in Vic and our building permit stated that on completion of the reno we would need to get a Certificate of Final Inspection (CFI). We have this and sent through with other requested docs to the bank. Bank refusing to pay, saying that we need a "certificate of occupancy" not a CFI and are not budging.

I have contacted the Vic building authority, the surveyor and builder and all have said that CFI is the document we get in line with our permit and that this is all the proof of certified completion and inspection the bank should need.

Has anyone come up against this before? is the Vic Building Authority wrong in there advice or is the bank being dim?!

Appreciate anyones help.

Cheers
Hi Caito,

I don't live in Vic but I would say the process is the same everywhere, but after completing the Final Inspection and issuing the certificate, the builder or if you are an owner builder need to provide all relevant documentation to your certifier who will then issue Certificate of Occupancy. Depending on your work scope, these documents could be glazing certificate, waterproofing certificate, structural certificate, electrical certificate of compliance, plumbing design etc., however your certifier will be able to give you an exact list of what is required. Hope this helps!
Related
3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum