Initially, Rawson Homes advised us they handled the subdivision but now we are further down the process, they are telling us something very different.
Quoted advice from Rawson Homes:
- We have included in our scope of works to;
- Obtain the section 73 (S73) and provide the works as listed in the S73 (This allows us to run two x separate lines to each dwelling which is what is required for subdivision instead of 1 x shared line between the two dwellings).
- Include subdivision in our DA submission to council.
- Once we receive the DA, we can request a quote for subdivision works from the Surveyor who will be completing all surveying works on site
- However, you will need to engage the Surveyor directly and not through Rawson Homes. It will also be required to get a solicitor to finalise the legal aspects of subdivision of the land.
- Rawson Homes does not complete the subdivision on the clients behalf as this is outside of our scope of works.
Is this normally how subdivision works? What pitfalls do we need to beware?