Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Garden Size

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

This is probably like asking how long is a piece of string but..

Trying to work out what size block for a roughly 250m2 house that would still give us a good amount of space for the back garden. We have 2 boys and they would like a basketball hoop in the backyard and we'd like to get a medium sized dog after we finish building. I also like gardening so would like space for something low maintenance etc.

I can't work out what size block would give us space for this.

I guess I'm after opinions from those in similar situations maybe.

Thanks in advance
Are you looking at one or two storeys?
bestspecials
Are you looking at one or two storeys?

Just single storey...

Thanks
Depending on the setback from the front and the sides will determine what size to buy. Our house is 254m2 on a 400m2 (12.5 x 32) block and we have 4m from back wall to fence. We don't have kids at home any more.
I would think with 2 boys, a basketball hoop and dog, you would probably want around 8 - 10m to back fence.
bestspecials
Depending on the setback from the front and the sides will determine what size to buy. Our house is 254m2 on a 400m2 (12.5 x 32) block and we have 4m from back wall to fence. We don't have kids at home any more.
I would think with 2 boys, a basketball hoop and dog, you would probably want around 8 - 10m to back fence.

Ok cool. That's really helpful, thank you 👍
Related
7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

18/07/2023
Ryobi wet saw C-125A blade size?

General Discussion

All sorted guys. Just needed to buy a blade with the correct bush. Dunno how to delete this post, can't find any help file. Cheers.

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum