Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

New Build Contracts

Page 1 of 1

Hi Guys, We are in the process of getting bank approval for a new build this year.?? We have been given a quote by our builder and have had a sketch drawn up for the plan, which were submitted to the bank. However we are a little concerned about the details on the quote being not being too detailed, what the builder has supplied, would this be sufficient at this stage for bank approval with the contract (which the bank has asked for) generally going into greater details (e.g address, windows (single, double pane etc), nbn connection, size of home (not listed on quote).

We're new to building so it's a bit of a unknown to us and while our builder is easy to ask questions of, he assures us this is all ok what he's given us. The sketch is to be provided also with a final plan prior to commencement too.

Would love some input from peoples past experiences. Thanks heaps. Nick & Anita
Are you only applying for pre-approval? We got pre-approval without info about the build, but the bank will need a proper signed building contract before the loan is fully approved.

Edit: you might want to blur out all your personal details
Cala90
Are you only applying for pre-approval? We got pre-approval without info about the build, but the bank will need a proper signed building contract before the loan is fully approved.

Edit: you might want to blur out all your personal details

We have pre approval, yep I know that re the signed contract

I think what I got on there's not going to cause any worries my end
Sorry, my bad. I didn't read the post properly!
That's a shocking quote, I've never seen anything like it, with the PC's is that retail or trade? There is just no information at all on there what is allowed for and included and what isn't included. I work for a builder in Perth and our standard sales quote to the client is roughly 10 pages long going into quiet a bit of detail.
Tread very carefully IMO and good luck
My suggestion would be to get a couple of quotes from builders. Also bedroom three is very tiny.
Related
31/05/2023
Works Contracts

Owner Builder Forum

MBA and HIA both have sub contract agreements, check them out

3/10/2023
Issues with building contracts

General Discussion

Industry type domestic contracts are prepared by industry bodies for the benefit of the builders. This means that if you are the owner watch out. One of the points is…

27/04/2024
Building contracts

Building A New House

Hello, I am currently working on a study in regards to building contracts in Australia. I would like to interview people with their building experience in Australia and…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum