Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Home Building Contract (Office of Fair Trading)

Page 1 of 1
Howdy,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has had a 'Home building contract' through the office of fair trading to cover off building / renovation works...I am trying to understand what it's benefits are / usage is for..?

FT241 http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/pdfs/ ... /ft241.pdf[/url]
The Department of Fair Trading building contract is fair (how surprising) and unbiased. The HIA contract is totally biased towards those that fund the HIA; builders.

Signing a HIA contract puts all the power in the hand of the builder. You're basically saying, here's my money, I trust you.
So the one i have been asked to use is better all round then!!? It sounds like it from your comments....
Yes, the DFT contract is better. It's the sign of a good builder if that's the contract they would like to use. May I ask who the builder is?
Lucky you, lenny
Thanks, i am looking to renovate my family house in 'The Shire'...the builder name is Robertson Contructions ... (i will confirm the spelling of that). The builder actual works closely with the interior designer that is going to manage the whole project for me and she gave me a copy of the Office of fair trading document to read through and i have been confusing myself with all the information of the said office's website....actually this whole renovation process is daunting especially parting with cash without even starting etc (signing of contract and drafting fee's)
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum