Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

HGWA Lakelands

Page 1 of 2
Hi All,

I've been following the other builds closely and this site has been a great help. We purchased land off plan back in April just before the building bonus and it's taken the better part of 9 months to get titles on our block 🤦‍♂️

We are building on a 492 m2 block and went with the Munich Luxury with HomeGroup WA.

We made a few changes from the original Munich Luxury plans;

We have prestart this week and hoping everything goes smoothly. I'll post updates when I can 😊

Original Plan

Latest Version

Prestart 14/01/2021

Front Elevation Style - Contemporary
Front Elevation Colours

Electrical Upgrades - $4226
Upgraded Carpet Underlay - $200
Changed carpet to tiles for (hallway, activity room) - $864
Upgraded Laundry, bathroom, ensuite and WC's to 450x450 tiles - $402
Cold water tap to fridge recess - $284
Lockable meter box with view panels - $229
Upgraded longer bath - $16
Swivel spout to bath - $30
Upgraded ensuite to dual shower combo $410
Upgraded bathroom and ensuite 600mm towel rail to 900mm - $140
Changed soap holder to glass shelf in bathroom and ensuite - $65 (after $30 credit removing soap holder)
Upgraded bathroom shower to semi frameless - $284
Bathroom hobless shower - $79
Double rebated front door upgrade $60
Upgraded front door handle to Omni Pull Handle with Allure Trilock - $350
Add lock to theatre room door $10
Translucent glass to front door - $97
Mirror Glass splashback to kitchen - $1386
Changed to 1200mm stain grade timber front door XS26 and add rich walnut stain - $700
Upgraded roller door to timber lookalike colour Caoba - $590
Looks great! Crazy it's taken so long for titles. But good you get the grants!!! 💰 What are you going to use the money on? Pools and landscaping seem to be the go with my friends lol
[quote="KodaCujo":cb95uyrw]Looks great! Crazy it's taken so long for titles. But good you get the grants!!! 💰 What are you going to use the money on? Pools and landscaping seem to be the go with my friends lol[/quote:cb95uyrw]

Also if you read this before your pre start, raise the roof in your garage to 28c minimum if it's not already (can't tell if it says 25c or 28c) just incase! 🙃
KodaCujo
\"KodaCujo":cb95uyrw
Looks great! Crazy it's taken so long for titles. But good you get the grants!!! 💰 What are you going to use the money on? Pools and landscaping seem to be the go with my friends lol[/quote:cb95uyrw]

Also if you read this before your pre start, raise the roof in your garage to 28c minimum if it's not already (can't tell if it says 25c or 28c) just incase! 🙃

Thanks mate, it's definitely 28c our sales guy suggested the change early on. The bonuses will go on solar, painting, skirting boards, additional paving and some furniture at this stage 😁 We have front landscaping included so it's just the back to sort out.

Pretty full on day doing prestart today, we added on almost $7500 of upgrades. I'll post up the final plans when I get them
Beauty. Good stuff 👏

Looking forward to seeing final plans 😁
Looks great!! Sucks about the titles though, I had some friends pull out because the titles took too long!
Was your sales rep Shane at HGWA? We’re building on the other side of lakelands in Madora Bay 😌
Nice one, we looked at Madora Bay too... it was tough choice! We dealt with Chris at HGWA, the whole process has been really good so far, just can't wait for the building to start
Kellra
Nice one, we looked at Madora Bay too... it was tough choice! We dealt with Chris at HGWA, the whole process has been really good so far, just can't wait for the building to start

Hahha always the way!
Once it starts it goes up soooo quick, I can’t believe how fast ours has 😁
Hi Kellra and everyone. Had anybody’s tiles been rectified or porcelain. Trying to get an idea of how much were going to get charges at prestart next week
arronvl355
Hi Kellra and everyone. Had anybody’s tiles been rectified or porcelain. Trying to get an idea of how much were going to get charges at prestart next week

Porcelain Glazed tiles are standard and included, we paid for extra tiling in the hallway / activity area because this is carpet as standard.
arronvl355

Hi,

Keen to know the detail too. Our prestart is in 1st week Feb. We upgraded to 600x600 porcelain tiles in the main area during PCQ but now I'm unsure they are rectified or non rectified.
Also wet area tiles, are they rectified or non rectified from the range HGWA?

Cheers
Kellra
arronvl355

Porcelain Glazed tiles are standard and included, we paid for extra tiling in the hallway / activity area because this is carpet as standard.

Hey,
May I ask, they are rectified or non rectified?
Cheers
SJalli
Looking on the Della Vita website (the tiles HGWA use) it says in the specs non rectified.
All the Della Vita items have terrible warranty on them, tapware, basins etc. Compared to the more common known brands (have a look on various websites) I would be doing my best to upgrade as much as you can so you don't have to use Della Vita. You might also want to join a Facebook group called Sh0nky builders WA.
Doozer1905
All the Della Vita items have terrible warranty on them, tapware, basins etc. Compared to the more common known brands (have a look on various websites) I would be doing my best to upgrade as much as you can so you don't have to use Della Vita. You might also want to join a Facebook group called Sh0nky builders WA.

Yeah I've been on SB Facebook group for a few years. I noticed the warranty for Della Vita was pretty average, but it's easy enough to swap out later, anything non standard had outrageous markups 😩
3/3/2021 - HGWA have sent a request to the council for building permit approval. Yay!
Kellra
3/3/2021 - HGWA have sent a request to the council for building permit approval. Yay!

Glad its moving along for you Kellra!
Nice!!
We received our permit today, although still waiting to finalise scheduling
It’s was a pretty slow March and April, then at the start of May our block was cleared, then the was slab laid. 3 weeks later the brickies started. Very excited we are finally on our way 😊

Related
You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum