Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Building a modified Montrose 20mkII through Coral Homes

Page 2 of 2
Hey mate how is the Build going? They slapped the bricks in yet?
MNC Build

No bricks yet, none in sight as far as I can tell which is annoying because houses are going up all around us with no delays. How did your slab pour go? You’d have a frame by now?
Update 10/06/2021: Pretty much stalled at the moment. Still no bricks so can’t get to lock up. SS is great with updates, I’d imagine even he’d be getting annoyed with the delays by now. We started calling brick layers to see if we could book one but they won’t work for Coral at the rates they are willing to pay. Every fortnight we fall $1500 further behind in rent/mortgage payments so will have to figure something out soon.

The reverse build is progressing slowly. Tiling is mostly done in the bathrooms, kitchen and vanities are installed less bench tops and the inside has been plastered and undercoated. Septic tank is in but not the trench. But we had to cancel our pool install because there’s no way we will have handover by August.

That's a shame. I hope the bricks and brickies will be available soon.
Lucky me for getting feedback from a real owner-builder. I now have to get that builder off my shortlist, and seriously consider a more reliable builder, they may be a bit more expensive but I don't have to deal with delays (that translate to additional $$$ on interest and rent). I just missed out on the block of land giving me another 6 months to wait for the new land release to register.
On another note, apparently, there is a new player in the Port Macquarie volume builder market. with Metricon in the process of building a new display home in Port. MJH, Pycon or Metricon? Time (and cost) will tell.
S+C_MidNorthCoast
MNC Build

No bricks yet, none in sight as far as I can tell which is annoying because houses are going up all around us with no delays. How did your slab pour go? You’d have a frame by now?

that sucks! first day all the walls went up and now its slow going! only half the trusses have went up! it seems the Slab has been poured 50mm out of square at the back of the garage, just waiting to hear back from the SS now.

wonder if coral are short on Bricklayers then?
MNC Build
S+C_MidNorthCoast
MNC Build

that sucks! first day all the walls went up and now its slow going! only half the trusses have went up! it seems the Slab has been poured 50mm out of square at the back of the garage, just waiting to hear back from the SS now.

wonder if coral are short on Bricklayers then?

They’re definitely short on brickies, we’ve been waiting 3 months for one and they still can’t sign one up so no end in sight. I did hear some people are getting 340 days on their construction builds and that’s working days so guessing there’s delays across the industry.

Who have you got as a SS?
that terrible, if its still like that when it comes time get our bricks getting laid, I might look at paying the extra 10 or 20c a brick to the brickies in cash on top of what coral are offering them. probably work out cheaper then paying extra rent in the long run!

quick question mate the brick step down on the slab is yours 150mm wide or 250mm?
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

19/05/2023
PVC pipe through footing

General Discussion

yep sounds good make the footing bigger to to allow for the pipe in the middle

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum