Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Bank validation on unregistered land

Page 1 of 1
Hello
Can i buy Unregistered land( registering in late Jan or early Feb) I have a conditional approval and if i sign the land contract, Will the bank approve the loan before registration ?
Hi,
Did you find any info in the last few months?
I am considering an unregistered lot and I am collecting few info.
As far as I understood, unregistered land is a bit more tricky, I am not sure if you are referring to a pre-approval (conditional approval) but pre-approval does not mean that the bank will finally approve the loan on an unregistered land.
There are some conditions, such as, lot value and final price, which may interfere with bank approval.
Cheers!
If the land is unregistered then you don't own it so what would the bank secure the mortagage against?
icat2000
If the land is unregistered then you don't own it so what would the bank secure the mortagage against?

When we brought our first block of land back in 2017 and it hadnt registered yet (it did so about a month later). We paid the deposit on the land out of our own funds and the bank paid the balance once the land was titled. We made the contract of the balance to be paid 30 days after land is titled.
Related
30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum