Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Garage paint

Page 1 of 1

Looking at our actual color house scheme, I have noticed that the garage looks too blah. I am thinking of repainting it the same color as the roof - Woodland grey... or maybe a Classic cream will be fine too.

What’s your opinion about it? I know dark color absorbs more heat but aesthetically speaking, would it look fine with my bricks?

Would it be easy to repaint the garage? Will a spray paint do? Will it cost much if I get professional service?
Initially I'd tend to agree with changing to roof/gutter colour. But I'd suggest waiting until its all finished. The green turf out front and other bits and pieces may change your mind.

I think having the garage door blend into the bricks rather that stick out might grow on me.

I don't know but I'm guessing it will be almost as cheap and a better result to just change the door rather than getting it painted.
supersleuth
Initially I'd tend to agree with changing to roof/gutter colour. But I'd suggest waiting until its all finished. The green turf out front and other bits and pieces may change your mind.

I think having the garage door blend into the bricks rather that stick out might grow on me.

I don't know but I'm guessing it will be almost as cheap and a better result to just change the door rather than getting it painted.

But it’s a new door so it might be too much of a hassle to change it so quick. Yeah maybe I’ll wait for it. The paint will prolly fade quite a bit and it wouldn’t look too strong or maybe it’ll grow on me. Or maybe I’ll ask a professional spray painter if possible. Thanks for the input btw
this colour looks nice in my opinion.
Karlos1001
this colour looks nice in my opinion.

Thank you. It has grown on me since I last posted here.
I too think the colour is a good match and looks great - spend the money elsewhere - driveway, landscaping etc. If doing an aggregate driveway the browns and greys will pick up the colours of your house really nicely.
bluesteel
I too think the colour is a good match and looks great - spend the money elsewhere - driveway, landscaping etc. If doing an aggregate driveway the browns and greys will pick up the colours of your house really nicely.

That’s cool because our driveway will be an exposed aggregate. Thanks!
sociangal

Looking at our actual color house scheme, I have noticed that the garage looks too blah. I am thinking of repainting it the same color as the roof - Woodland grey... or maybe a Classic cream will be fine too.

What’s your opinion about it? I know dark color absorbs more heat but aesthetically speaking, would it look fine with my bricks?

Would it be easy to repaint the garage? Will a spray paint do? Will it cost much if I get professional service?

I’m glad I did not change the garage colour. It wasn’t so bad afterall.
sociangal
sociangal

I’m glad I did not change the garage colour. It wasn’t so bad afterall.

Yep I think that looks really good.

I am glad that it now turned out similar to the one I made in ivisualizer
Related
2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum