Join Login
Building ForumGeneral Discussion

Solar hot water and electric booster

Page 1 of 1
Hi just wondering i could get opinion on this.

Our plumber has advised we switch to off peak 2 (Sydney) and to leave our electric booster on all the time. Our booster is in a switch in our kitchen that we turn on and off when needed but he said we should be leaving it on? Also what do you think about batteries for solar?
In regards batteries for solar it's very much dependent on your usage patterns.
If you have someone at home all day and you do your washing etc during the day then there's not much point. If your house is empty during the day and you do everything when you get home from work/school then the battery starts to come into it's own.
This website gives you the ability to calculate the payback on a solar/battery setup;
https://www.solarchoice.net.au/blog/bat ... calculator
For us the battery payback was +20 years so pointless.
Related
27/04/2024
Best electric hot water system in 2024?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The tank is around 200 litres (I am on holiday for the next 6 weeks so can't check) The Heat Pump has a built in time switch. No idea on the speed to heat because with…

6/09/2023
building a deck and gas hot water

General Discussion

I want to build a decking to the drawn shape outlined in black. The problem is how close can I build to the gas hot water unit? Will I be able to build around it and be…

16/04/2024
Help me understand this Hot Water System

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

the sun master is the solar heating to "warm" the water in the tank the S26 is your hot water system which will heat the water (25 degrees?) so with both turned on you…

You are here
Building ForumGeneral Discussion
Home
Pros
Forum