Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Entrance void lighting - share yours / help!?

Page 1 of 1
Hi

We are building a home right now with Bold but are having to find out void lighting for our entrance - quite hard as originally we were going to travel to find the lighting for our house 😣. Can anyone share their photos of entrance void lighting? I have shared the plans for our space so we have about 2.2m from the front door to the stairwell.

We were looking at the CU CMe lights but aren’t sure if they would fit as the sizes aren’t quite right. Our style is pretty modern - white walls, black frame windows, oak engineered timber flooring. The void at the top will all be glass along the hallway as well.

Any suggestions or examples of lighting in your entrance voids would be greatly appreciated.

I’m finding lighting very hard!!!

TIA

Hi
Benjamin here, I agree Lighting is just great, but complicated to get it perfect, but I always use photo realistic renderings where the lighting are real world simulations, so what you see are what you would see in the real world, but this is perfectly achieved when the simulated light are specified by the manufacturer luminance distribution curves etc... , many have there products prepared to be used accurately in the simulations so you can choose based on the design of the light fixture or other features , but from your post I see you want to get it right, I think I can help you with simulations in CAD send me your plans on benjamin.sxsstyle@yahoo.com, You can also search images of entrances or light manufacturers
Thanks
Benjamin
Related
30/01/2024
Help Staircase void too small

Building A New House

Not sure if that works? I was told the issue is the headspace clearance requirement on step 4. My builder is proposing shifting the beam 310mm towards the kitchen...I'm…

5/03/2024
Void under slab

General Discussion

To me, that's what it looks like: poor backfilling and/or compaction. The width is about 1000mm maybe. That conduit in the photo is for the NBN. The water is about…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum