Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Colorbond and CCTV

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I have a colorbond roof, and RACV stated that sometimes CCTV cameras can't even be installed when that's the case.

Does anyone have experience running the required ethernet cables in that context? Right now the only reason I can think of that would make things a bit more complicated is that insulation on the eaves could make it harder when running the cables with a snake. But I am a complete beginner, so I might not be thinking straight.
It's is 21st century. Just go wireless for the God's sake.

And there should be NO insulation in your eaves as long as you are having a ventilated roof.
I don't want wireless cameras, for various reasons. and I checked my build photos, it doesn't look like the eaves themselves had insulation installed, but there definitely is insulation installed right next to them.
So what is a problem? An insulated data cable should not be an issue at all when running through the insulation. Keep in mind that you would also need a power cable too.
Problem is physically running the cables, I want to know if anyone has gone through the experience in that context (colorbond roof, insulation somewhat in the way)...

My cameras are POE, no need for an additional power cable
Any decent security/electrical contractor wouldn't see this as an issue. Yes it does take a little longer for the installation. We have our tricks...like using a plastic snake.
Its defiantly easier with POE
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

21/02/2024
BOUNDARY FENCES: Timber Lapped and Capped OR Colorbond?

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Our boundary perimeter fences need replacing (3 sides). From everyone's experience, what would you install? Timber lapped and capped OR colorbond? Thank you.

17/08/2023
26 year old Colorbond roof. Repaint or replace?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your house roof does not show rusting other than some surface rust on the flashings. In my opinion you dont need to replace or paint the roof other than treat surface rust…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum