Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Decorative Light For Skylight

Page 1 of 1
Hi, we are building a French Provincial House with a 2mx1.2m skylight in the void area. We intend to have some lighting between Skylight and Glass diffuser, any suggestion? Electrical think of led downlight project downward, lighting supply mentioned about led stripe around the edge, skylight guys said should have fluorescent light. The problem is change the light between the space is tricky, you don't want to damage expensive diffuser. I don't believe any cleaning require as builder suggested to have door open.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Gary
gwu69
The problem is change the light between the space is tricky, you don't want to damage expensive diffuser.

I don't know what that sentence means.

With the regards to the rest, all are fine solutions except perhaps fluoro. With strip lighting you may have the added benefit of colour change if that is something that interests you, but be aware of the uniformity of the light it casts - the actual LEDs in some strip lighting can be widely spaced.
gwu69
Hi,
I was going to start researching for light diffuser for skylight feature. Do yiu mind to recommend me few places?

Building Ambassador 41 Wisdom Homes

Slab done 19 March 2018
Frame done 20 April 2018
Bricks done 31 May 2018
Related
6/12/2023
Skylight facing west, sufficient light in mornings?

General Discussion

It might be a bit darker in the mornings but the light is still light, so you should be getting it. Similar to what you see from your western windows

18/03/2024
DIY Decorative Wall Panels

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hey everyone, Jumping on the forum to see if anyone…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum