Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Light for void inside front door.....visible from the street

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys we have found a light both hubby and I agree we like but I feel it may not give off the feel I was hoping for......here it is
Sorry the pic is so big

inside its going in the void above our front door.......which is visible through the window above the front door

Do you think it will look obvious from the outside
I have just always loved driving past houses and seeing lovely lights up high.. visibly from the street... ok that could just be me and I could be nuts...
But anyway
What do you think????? Not enough???

Never had to choose lighting before its always been standard stuff for us...
I reckon that would look specky......er...but...how do you clean the cobwebs off or change a globe?

Sorry....Mr Practicality....
Get ladder and put hubby on it and say "clean cobwebs and change globe hubby"

Mr Practicality.... thats no fun.....and thats why we have always gone with the standard stuff cos My hubby said the same thing.

I told him he will learn to love that light in the future....much like I love his oversized storage area in the garage...
Definitely enough! I love it- it will look fantastic!
gweluphome
I told him he will learn to love that light in the future....much like I love his oversized storage area in the garage...

Mr Practicality also likes good strategy.....go for it....you'll need somewhere to store the ladder....
....will look great.
Gorgeous, I'd love an entrance light like that
I think the light would look great from outside and definitely be seen. Also think it's look great over the stairs too. Really nice! Don't worry about the cleaning side of things
pass it onto DH
Very reassuring ....thanks guys...I think 1 more decision has been made...

and that makes 2 in total now...
gweluphome
...I think 1 more decision has been made... and that makes 2 in total now...

How many more to go?
So, 2 decisions plus all the others makes........about 100...

No really we are waiting to get back the options list for all our taps and doors and appliances and tiles and wood and you know how the list goes on...
or they say we can go and choose whatever we like .....that doesn't narrow it down in any way.
So still alot of decisions ahead.....and thats why I am so glad I found this site when I did...
gweluphome
So, 2 decisions plus all the others makes........about 100...

No really we are waiting to get back the options list for all our taps and doors and appliances and tiles and wood and you know how the list goes on...
or they say we can go and choose whatever we like .....that doesn't narrow it down in any way.
So still alot of decisions ahead.....and thats why I am so glad I found this site when I did...

Well I'm sure that you have realised by now that we will all help you with your selections
Just post up the pics and we'll tell you our fav's
Hi there gweluphome,

I must say, that your selection is great! My opinion, is to always try something different, as this attitude turns a house into a home!

I have included some links for you, of things you may like -
http://shop.micaunited.com.au/details/2251898.html
http://shop.micaunited.com.au/details/2251904.html
http://shop.micaunited.com.au/details/2201615.html

Good luck.
WOW, love it!!!

It will really make it a stunning entrance way....

If you're both happy, i say Go for it!!!!

Very very nice!
Mica,

I love that first one. I am bookmarking it.

I have a double height void in the entryway with a skillion roof and windows at the top and the staircase running to the right of this, and have been wondering what sort of feature light to use here - would this one suit??
Hi there MDH,

Definitely for a staircase. Good choice.
Related
10/06/2024
Frame overhang Double Glaze Sliding door and Void above

Building A New House

The frame work needs to be fully and adequately supported as they are most of the time the load bearer. A steel angle bolted to slab edge and bottom plate could do the…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

30/01/2024
Help Staircase void too small

Building A New House

Not sure if that works? I was told the issue is the headspace clearance requirement on step 4. My builder is proposing shifting the beam 310mm towards the kitchen...I'm…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum