Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

How much/difficult to install lantern on balcony wall?

Page 1 of 1
Ok, another one from me.

I love the look of those lantern lights that go on a wall on a patio/balcony.

Our patio has 2 big sliding doors with a narrow wall in between. This would be ideal for a lantern light!

Does anyone know how much this would be? There is a light switch on the inside of that wall already for the standard balcony ceiling light that's already there. Could this wiring be used for the lantern AND the ceiling light or just one or the other? (do you have to get into the ceiling void to do this?)

Thank you!
Hi Grace,
I trust that you are talking about a coach light or similar. If the wall you are speaking about is a brick cavity wall with cement tiles on the roof it will be a simple job. You could disconnect the existing light and go with the new light or have both going if you wish. Most just go with the new one only. If the above sounds like your house you would probably be looking at $80 plus GST which includes labour and a few parts. If you have a tin roof or no access to a wall cavity it could be a different story.
Good luck!

Marty
Sparky
Related
9/07/2023
Multipurpose lounge with balcony

Building A New House

First time building 2 storey home in NSW. Below Current plan have separate balcony. But thinking to do a multipurpose lounge with balcony (kind of sunroom) in first floor…

18/07/2023
Facade with Balcony or Sunroom

Building A New House

Well you won't get cooked by the afternoon sun when sitting out on the balcony on a summers afternoon but you won't have much to look at besides the neighbours…

16/10/2023
CDC Corner Balcony Size

General Discussion

Dear all, Requesting your help in relation to a CDC code. We are building a new home in NSW on a corner lot (500m2, 15m wide) following Greenfield CDC code. Our design…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum