Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Light above mirror

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know where to buy nice lights for above the mirror in our ensuite? Ideally in Melbourne but an on-line shop will do as well.
I am only interested in lights which are designated for use in bathrooms.

Thanks!
DD
do you want light that is bright for makeup application or light that is accent for the quick in/out business?

i did a recent job where i placed LED strip lights behind the edge of a slightly protruded mirror that has an awesome affect yet enough light to wash up at the sink and other quick bathroom business. perfect for a powder room.
It needs to be a bright light. If we can not find any suitable light for above the mirror, than we consider to place an extra LED down light above the basin.

But I would love to have a bright light which looks nice as well.

Thanks!
DoubleDutch
Does anyone know where to buy nice lights for above the mirror in our ensuite? Ideally in Melbourne but an on-line shop will do as well.
I am only interested in lights which are designated for use in bathrooms.

Thanks!
DD

There are several posts in the Creative Lighting Concepts forum stating the online suppliers of all types of lighting, us included.

Ranges include strip lighting, projection lighting (lights that come off the wall and face down) and downlights.

I hope this helps
I know this is a late reply, however, I noticed in Ikea the other day, they have lighting specifically for around mirrors etc in Bathroom's - I think it was a new range
DoubleDutch did you ever find lights? I'm after something like this too - needs to be bright enough to make-up by but also look nice. Ours will go above the mirrors too.
MalSannie
DoubleDutch did you ever find lights? I'm after something like this too - needs to be bright enough to make-up by but also look nice. Ours will go above the mirrors too.

Yes we did! In the end we did buy this one: http://customlighting.com.au/cim-84-54362-21-05-one-size.html
It has been installed but we have not seen it on yet, so cannot say if it works.
That is beautiful - and it looks very expensive? When you move in would you be so kind as to let me know how it works? (That is if you should have time - I realise moving in is a very very busy time
)
Price was not too bad $295. Of course I can let you know how it is. Make sure you install it as close as possible to the top of your mirror and not like our builder has done.......
Thank you really appreciate it it is beautiful and I really like that it can be angled 👍
Related
18/04/2024
Hang 10kg mirror on dry wall.

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Ditto 3M Claw, expensive but best thing I've used to date. I put two of the 11kg ones in for a 12kg mirror on the wall, and its been great for 4 years now.

31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

2/03/2024
Flashing above doors and windows

General Discussion

Flashings over doorways and windows our carpenter has installed flashings that is buckled and short of the window frames and door frames is this right Is there a…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum