Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

LEDlux or Quantum LED Downlights? Which one to choose?

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have any feedback on LED downlights from Beacon Lighting or Quantum LED downlights from Transflo?

Spoken to sales person at Beacon Lighting and they advised me to bring in the plan and they will help out with downlights.
They are using LEDlux downlights... Are they any good, quality wise?
Beacon Lighting told me they can give me a better price if we purchase larger quantity.

So not sure whether to go through Beacon Lighting or another company in Perth "Transflo" with their Quantum LED downlights?
Saw their stand at one of the Home Expo exhibitions...

P.S. Looking at 14-15W LED cool white downlights...

Any advise would be appreciated...
What sort of price did beacon give you ?
off2theburbs
What sort of price did beacon give you ?

Their going price is about $90 but I didn't ask what it would be for a larger amount... I would assume something around $85 probably?
Search around. Have a look at wattsaver lights. we purchased them and more than happy. There are a number of threads running on led lighting
delatite13
Search around. Have a look at wattsaver lights. we purchased them and more than happy. There are a number of threads running on led lighting

How does Beacon Lighting quality compare to the other more cheaper downlights.
Happy to pay Beacon Lighting price as long as the quality is good, don't see the point of paying $40 for some crappy downlight.

Also what is the difference between LEDlux or Quantum LED Downlights. Is it just a brand or those two as completely different?
Thanks for saying we bought " some crappy downlight ".

Tact is obviously a priority with you.

May I suggest you compare these lights with those of a similar spec. These have been compared to Brightgreen. They are more expensive than $40 and only available from the manufacturer. They are also Australian assembled and have a 5 year warranty. If you can one for $40 the same as these please let me know as I couldn't find any. I think you find the 1400 lumen output 60 degree reflector as opposed to the LED lux and Quantum as being just a bit brighter with better angle.

Also why not buy some of the ones that you wish and test them in your new house to check spread, brightness and colour, then return the ones you don't like. That is what we did. The manufacturer was more than happy to assist.
Delatite is right, pretty much every 13w-15w downlight in Australia is within $10-$15 at the China end.

Your price is based on how many hands have touched the light before you get it.

If your willing to pay up to 50% more for 'branded' peace of mind then that's your choice and a very good one if the lights cause you trouble. Make sure you can get a hold of the driver and light in your hand and you will most likely know whether the quality is worth the money.
I totally agree with think_wise, If your want to buy cheap, you may end up with many problems.

Find somewhere with brands that have warranty, so if you have any problems it's covered.
Related
10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum