Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Exterior front light alternative

Page 1 of 1
I have been struggling to find some lights for the front of my house and have begun thinking about alternatives.

1 idea I had was to put some downlights in the ceiling of the verandah, however, although the verandah will be finished when the house is it won't have a ceiling in it. Are there any other alternatives for exterior lighting at the front door.

I was originally going to have 1 light each side of the front door and 1 about a metre in from each end.

I think a light each side of the door would be a great feature rather than downlights. Something special
suh
I think a light each side of the door would be a great feature rather than downlights. Something special

+1 for wall exterior wall lights. I think they will add to the character of the house.
+2, exterior, they would look good.
Well I suppose that solves that. Thanks all.

I don't think this one is too bad.

ElephantGuy
Well I suppose that solves that. Thanks all.

I don't think this one is too bad.

I think that suits your house nicely
+ for a wall light either side of the door. Outside of that lovely bigger block frame work around the door of course as you wouldn't want to break the effect of that.
Related
23/10/2023
Alternative to hallway?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Might cheaper to changer your idea of what makes a home, have you considered building a porch?

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

5/12/2023
Rainwater Tanks not filling in light rain

General Discussion

That was always going to be a challenge and a test of patience. Full marks to your mate. Did you discuss the wet area near the trampoline?

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum