Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Recomendations for lighting - Perth

Page 1 of 1
Hi H1'ers,

not too sure if I am in the right place here or if I should be posting back in the new home builders section ....

Anywho ..

Does anyone out there have any recomendations for electrical contractors south of the river in Perth to install/supply downlighting. We are a couple months from finishing the build and want to start looking at quotes and jobs. If anyone can recomend or let us know their experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Hi -

I have one for you. I have only used him for existing home electrics, but I know he does ALOT of new homes.

He is very good, and never over charges...

BUT! I don't have his number here at work, will try and find for yoU!!
keen to know as well.

i have installed clipsal 413 all over, so all a sparky would have to do it put downlight in and plug in the light.

im planning on doing the light markings, drilling and fitment. i will also supply the lights. just need a sparky to do the connections so its all legit
what he said!
ok no worries. I will let you guys know.

He has fit downlights into my existing house. He mentioned a little while ago that downlights have to have a surround now, in the ceiling?? I think it was for fire safety.
uncle tonksy
what he said!

oh wait, no. I want the electrician to quote on install and supply.
what kinds of lights are you looking at Uncle tonsky.

im looking at CFL in most area, LED in frequently used areas i.e. living, kitchen etc.
same. Would like to limit the LED's because of price, to the main areas. I think last count was somewhere in the 40 lights area?
i am looking for electrician to instal ceiling fans in my house
Still no one?
bump. would also like an electrican SOR - and an approximate price they charge per downlight
Hi Deeps, sent you a PM
Hi, I'm also looking for a reliable and reasonable electrician SOR - can you please send me their details as well? Thanks!
wrexter
keen to know as well.

i have installed clipsal 413 all over, so all a sparky would have to do it put downlight in and plug in the light.

im planning on doing the light markings, drilling and fitment. i will also supply the lights. just need a sparky to do the connections so its all legit

Hi Wrexter or anyone... I'm trying to figure out what to do in terms of getting the lighting sorted during our pre start appointment... we want downlights installed ourselves not through the builder... but im not sure how i go about it in terms of getting sorted properly so its easy for when i get a sparky to come in and do it after we get our keys... when you say you installed clipsal 413 all over... are you able to elaborate a bit further...
happytaurus
wrexter
keen to know as well.

Hi Wrexter or anyone... I'm trying to figure out what to do in terms of getting the lighting sorted during our pre start appointment... we want downlights installed ourselves not through the builder... but im not sure how i go about it in terms of getting sorted properly so its easy for when i get a sparky to come in and do it after we get our keys... when you say you installed clipsal 413 all over... are you able to elaborate a bit further...

Rather than having the builders electricians mark the 'center' of your room or wherever desired and having them place a batten holder, get your builder to just put 413's in nominated positions for where you would like downlights.
That way, the ceiling is unmarked, and all an electrician would do would be mark out the position, cut & install.

You'll find if you go with the builder placing batten holders in rooms, a good portion of the time a timber structure runs through right next to their light. In terms of downlights, you need clearance from said timbers and you'll be left with a hole to patch/paint etc.

413's are just unswitched socket outlets that downlights plug in to.
Search 'clipsal 413' to see what they look like.
Related
1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

8/12/2023
Electrical - Sub distribution box/lighting automation

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

1. optional, you can but normally just use the earth from the main switch board 2. should be enough but the distance determines voltage drop - sparky should work it…

15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum