Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

security sensor location to maximise coverage

Page 1 of 1
Going through our electrical I am trying to work out where it is best to put sensors to control the light at the front and the back to give maximum coverage for min cost. Our builder can supply a Clipsal Infrascan sensor model 750Wp installed for $223 ( I saw mention that the cost < $200 rrp)

I've attached the builder standard electrical. Can the front portico and garage share the one sensor? where should it be placed to have maximum coverage. We want the light to be lit up when a car approach the garage door and also if someone step up to the front door. If I place one at the other end of the garage facing towards the portico would this give the desire effect?

At the back I am thinking best to place it between the HT and bed 4? Thinking of doing one for the bedroom side pointing towards the front as there will be a big gate / fence there.

$669 for 3 sensors ouch
Hey, this is my first post here.

Multiple lights on that brand of sensor isn't a problem unless you exceed the rated output of 5A, which I doubt you will with two lights. I agree that at the front, the best spot would probably be where you suggested, the only downside I can think of is that the sensor will not see you if you exit your front door until you go past the garage wall. As for the back, it depends on what you're trying to achieve, that particular sensor has a detection radius of 110 degrees, so keep that in mind and maybe get your protractor out.
The sensors need to be positioned so you walk/drive across the beam path. Its hard to justify the cost but the infrascans are the best quality.
there is a 2amp and a 10amp version and are wired differently.

The cost isn't just the unit but the cabling to the unit as well. To retro fit one would be $250+ .

For the portico, you could get a PDL version in the style of a downlight to turn that light on. They are 1/3 the cost.
The Data Guys
The cost isn't just the unit but the cabling to the unit as well. To retro fit one would be $250+ .

For the portico, you could get a PDL version in the style of a downlight to turn that light on. They are 1/3 the cost.

I am still debating the cost
if it will cost more to put in later then I suppose we should do them now. Do you have a photo of the PDL version, the only sensor light Henley supplies are the InfraScan.
Related
15/08/2023
Garage Driveway Coverage

General Discussion

It looks like Blacktown council allows up to a 6.0m wide driveway so just ask your builder to change the plans. If you are just in the planning stage then there is no…

20/03/2024
Motion sensor for stair wall lighting

Lighting + Lighting Design

I'm curious, did they provide any reason why they did not like the idea?

29/06/2023
Location manhole access

Rental Property

do you have a flat metal roof

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum