Join Login
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design

Urgent - who has installed in-cupboard downlights (overhead)

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

we have chosen the kitchen overhead cupboards door with clear galss (laminex frame), but we want to have downlights fron inside those cupboards. i think it makes the displays inside the galss door much better.

but at PD electrical appointment, we were told it is very hard to install or something like that, we were suggested to talk to our CSC.

but i have noticed there are many display houses which has got these cupboards.

has anybody had experience with installing the downlights in them? how much to expect to do with PD?

many thanks in advance

nh
nh,

we are building with Plantation and in the display home they have downlights both in the overhead cupboard behind translucent glass screens but also in the laminex edge (think of the base of the cupboard) for lighting the bench space.

Whilst definately not impossible they just need more work to install. They are about 30mm thick, they can be mounted into the bottom of your overhead cabinets if you fit a false bottom and router out reccesses.

Just depends whether PD could be hassled doing it. Looks fantastic though. As the kitchen is much a household focal point i'd put more resources into this room than some others.

When im down there next, ill get some close up pics and even model info if I can.

Nathan.
Hi nh,

Do you want the light shining up into the cupboard?? Or down onto the bench tops??? The latter I know they can definately do!
thaks, Nathan, would love some pics if possible.

Hey, grace16, i want them in them shiningup into the cupboards!

as Nathan has said, depends on whether they could be bothered to do it as it involves more work.

nh
Related
26/04/2024
Overhead cupboard door size in Kitchen – which is better

Kitchen Corner

Bigger the better for storage for me IMO. But I guess it's harder to tell the cost/benefit in your example - mainly the 'cost'? If you go 700mm, what are you doing extra…

3/10/2023
Laundry floor has recess under cupboard

Laundry

Waterproofing wet areas, including laundries is a requirement now. I don't know if it was 12 years (for a laundry) but I can't see why it would t have been. Have you got…

12/01/2024
Overhead cupboards.

Building A New House

Hi, Can anyone give me approx. price for overhead cupboards. TIA

You are here
Building ForumLighting + Lighting Design
Home
Pros
Forum