Join Login
Building ForumUsername & Signature

Inspiration for Names and Avatars

Page 1 of 1
Hey all, am just curious as to where people came up with their usernames and why they chose their Avatar pics??

Some are obviously abbreviations or nicknames, and some Avatars are self explantory but there are some interesting ones out there

My name is just named after the estate I am building in and chose the pic cos I like surfing and the ocean
Mine is my name... and year of birth (yes... i'm getting old).

And my son told me that we had to use a picture of the cat as our av.
kids...
My name here is the username I was given when studying. A strange combination of my initials and part of my surname. My avatar would probably be Matt Bellamy from Muse if I had gotten around to setting one

Edit: There that's better. It's from a Tool album.
Echo is the dolhin from "Echo the Dolphin" ( Sega Mega Drive in the early nineties )

I have seen a Sonic the Hedgehog on here also
I dont have a little pic yet (will have to work out how to put one up), but my name comes from a saying my mum used to say to me and i now say to my kids and vice versa - when she would ask how much i loved her, i would reply when i was younger, more than all the grains of sand in the world.

When i first joined this forum i was actually in hospital for about a week and was missing my kids more than anything and so thats where all the sand came from.

Im actually planning on getting a tattoo on my foot with that line on it because its just something that means alot to me.

If people are game it would be great if they posted a pic of themselves! It would be great to match a face to a name and see if how you think people would look like is actually anything like what they do actually look like.
I just looked up at the tv saw In the Night Garden (my daughter is addicted to the show) and that's where it came from! If you don't have kids you probably have no idea who IgglePiggle is... but trust me this is one of the more annoying shows on tv
Great Thread! I am called Mr Gum after my 10 year old daughters favourite Book Character.

Mr. Gum is a mean, grumpy old man with "two bloodshot eyes that stare out at you like an octopus in a bad cave”. He hates “children, animals, fun and corn on the cob”. His favourite TV show is Bag Of Sticks (a picture of a bag of sticks for half an hour). He is the main villain and friends with Billy William the Third. "Shabba me whiskers" is his favourite phrase.

His house is the most untidy in the world, but he has a beautiful garden, because otherwise an angry fairy who lives in his bathroom will attack him with a frying pan.

It kind of made sense at the time.
It's actually my car rego number.
16 = Darren Jolly (well, not any more)
SFC = Sydney (Swans) Football Club.

My avatar is taken from the cover of a kids book printed in the 80s about how South Melbourne moved north and became the Sydney Swans.

Yes, I am a footy tragic
Excellent!! Keep 'em coming guys, is very interesting to see!

16.SFC are you 'the' Darren Jolly that played for the Swans?? If so, awesome!

Also, Muse are awesome!! \m/
BoulevardBuilder
Excellent!! Keep 'em coming guys, is very interesting to see!

16.SFC are you 'the' Darren Jolly that played for the Swans?? If so, awesome!

Also, Muse are awesome!! \m/

No ... hardly.

I don't have the same name, height, or talent!!
Oh that's cool, not many of us probably do!!
Yes, well, my avatar is self explanatory - another footy tragic here

You will find some interesting reading on user names here:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6231&start=0&hilit=what+does+your+user+name+mean%3F

There was an old thread with members photos too - maybe start another one?
I change my avatar regularly at the moment it is this. My favourite member from my favourite band. JC from Powderfinger.

I love him.
I am a
Family nickname.

And Lara Croft? Yeah, in my dreams, I'm totally awesome and I kick butt tomb raider-style.
I chose 'southies' because that's where we've finally settled after a long search for the perfect spot in Sydney ie a southern suburb of Sydney.
My avatar is the Mediterranean port of Hvar on the island of Hvar on the Croatian coast. My father's family is from there.
Rose is actually my middle name and I used to be called Miss Rose by my flatmates... then I got married and Mrs Rose just seemed to suit. My picture is of the blue moon rose - my favourite rose (love the colour) and when I was born my parents planted one in the garden of the family home (long since gone now).
My real name is Mrs Rose.....

Harribeka is a mix of my kids names and I also use it on ebay.

The avatar is my house from the facade booklet.

My plumbing went in today yay!!! House should be finished this week!!!

Harribeka
My username is first and middle names and my avatar is my feet on my carpet
I like all the stories behind the names!

Makes mine sound a bit boring though. Mikaela is my name and my pic is of me
Excellent, keep 'em coming guys it is very interesting!

All good Mikaela_D!!
Related
11/03/2024
Renovation - swapping kitchen and bathroom and other fix ups

Renovation + Home Improvement

I recently went through a similar renovation and move scenario when updating our family home. We also swapped some rooms around and tackled a major…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumUsername & Signature
Home
Pros
Forum