Join Login
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation

buying to renovate - need advice please

Page 1 of 1
Hi Folks,

I’m hoping someone can help me as we’re considering buying a property in Brisbane as our family home, but before doing so we want to ensure the renovations we are planning are plausible and within budget.

Essentially these are the things we’d like to investigate before committing to buy:

- building and pest inspection
- asbestos presence and cost of removal
- complete renovation of kitchen
- introduction of elevated decking area, connecting to the new kitchen
- introduction of BIRs in all bedrooms
- complete bathroom renovation x2 (if budget permits)

Additionally, we’d like to see if it’s possible to introduce some sustainable design principles along the way.

Where would we start with this sort of exercise and who would we get in to inspect before we buy the house? I really feel quite lost!

Many thanks for your assistance!
Hi UrbanNomad
Welcome to the forum
This has been discussed many times before and I am just not able to find the exact links ATM.
Query the forum for BIM, Data and Reverse Engineering Costs
I did put something up on the now closed (Free) G+ community involving G Sheets + Python = Simulations
If you are happy to pay them for it I can approach Goggle to have it reinstated, Please leave a PM
Related
26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

10/01/2024
To Knockdown and Rebuild or Renovate?

General Discussion

if the original house is in good condition most of what you listed could be added in stages without the need for KDR and costs and disruption of having to live elsewhere…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation
Home
Pros
Forum