Join Login
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation

Adding a ceiling fan

Page 1 of 1
Hey people, i'd love to add a ceiling fan to this room which is a bedroom; but we have these massive ceiling medallions/roses. Additionally these old but cheapish chandelier. If we remove the current lighting, obviously need to replace it, but I don't feel that fans that have a light in them are that nice design wise, but also concerned about recessed LEDs and fan induced strobing.

Can anyone make suggestions for room lighting and for a ceiling fan you would install here? at the moment I have 5x 2W warm white LED globes for current reference which gives very good lighting (not too much, not too little).

I don't have a design bone in my body to come up with suitable suggestion, so appreciate any and all feedback

Related
12/04/2024
combining the ceiling fan switch, light switch, dimmer switc

Building A New House

Any electricians here please help. 1) Will the Fan need separate switch to ON/OFF/Speed eventhough it comes with Remote 2) how about…

8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

You are here
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation
Home
Pros
Forum