Join Login
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation

Give me some facade ideas to improve street appeal!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We have an older (60's) home that we've largely updated internally over the years, but it remains a real plain Jane in terms of street appeal.

The front door is going to be flipped adjacent to where it is located currently (i.e. right next to where it is, but on the longer front wall), and the roof/guttering is booked in for a full replacement.

Beyond that I'm chasing some inspiration and suggestions on what else we could do to improve the existing facade. Thinking of things like paint colours, feature cladding - particularly something around the section that pushes out on the front right hand side, gardens (I know, we're not gardeners!), need a portico cover over the entrance, etc. Even replacing windows with something more modern could be an option.

Throw your ideas at me, please!!

Damien

Widen the front gable to incorporate a covered porch for the front door would bring a huge improvement. Then add some plants and voila!
Related
28/04/2024
Need some front yard ideas!

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Need some ideas for my front yard. There are a few elements where the landscaping needs to take into account: There is a slight slope forward with steps going to…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

8/04/2024
Is this too low vs Cross Over/Street Level?

Building A New House

Thanks! I'm spoke to the builder I'm not sure if this is all true but basically went along the lines of they considered all options and if I was to compact and fill it…

You are here
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation
Home
Pros
Forum