Join Login
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation

Skillion Roof extension to character 1913 Villa

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Hubby and I are in the process of planning our extension to our 1913 Villa. Standard layout being bedrooms as you walk in at the front, with open plan living and kitchen areas at the back. We are considering a skillion roof to enable natural light to come through the north facing rear living area.
Hubby is really keen on the idea. I on the other hand have reservations (eg risks of water damage given the need to have a box gutter;
The look of the raked ceiling in the open plan living area ) I am more of a traditionalist and would like to maintain the original charm of the home, and feel that a raked ceiling will not fit in with the era of the home.
Has anyone done this type of extension? And if so, are you able to post some photos?
Or if anyone has any comments or suggestions.
Thanking you all in advance.
Hey TinaBC welcome to the forum
Having done may renos on traditional homes, I would highly recommend a pitched stick roof
for resale value.. IMO nothings worse than a attached modern tin box that sticks out like a blackened thumb nail though others may disagree
Try Adding natural roof/ceiling windows , you will require a traditional raked pitched roof northern lights a good
carpenter will make a feature of the structure & space.
Cheers
Chris
Get an architect
Related
17/07/2023
Skillion Roof Pitch

General Discussion

Why don't you call and talk with someone at the town planning in your council?

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

You are here
Building ForumOld Home Restoration / Renovation
Home
Pros
Forum