Join Login
Building ForumBugs & Suggestions

Anyone Feeling The Squeeze?

Page 1 of 1
Is it just me or has the advertising space to the right doubled and now squeezed the forum over much further?

SK
No its not just you

Very annoying, isnt it
Least they aren't bright flashing/singing/dancing/loud ad's like on another forum I'm on - it drives me nuts, everytime I refresh or go back to the new posts/main forum page the ad's start again. I now have the sound turned off because of those ads.
I'm using IE8, and up until yesterday the ads weren't visible at all on the RHS.

What are you guys using?
Yes..
Just put ur favorite book in front of that part of the screen where the ads are - problem fixed
Hi Erin,

At work I'm still using IE7 and at home IE9 - both of them are doing it. 25% of the screen width is now devoted to the Ads but I think it has been done more to get the homeone.com.au article links to entice us to get off the forum and go see the main web page of H1. Gotta pay for it somehow, I guess...

SK
Thanks for all your feedback.

The right side is less than 10% wider than it used to be with the banner ad alone. In fact, the main forum area's width has also increased to compensate somewhat for this new change.

Instead of presenting more ads we're delivering relevant content (where possible) with articles and videos and with the introduction of specials.

As RaryGirl pointed out, they're not bright flashing/singing/dancing/loud, and they're not ads at all - with the exception of the new subtley-presented specials which members are actually taking advantage of.
Related
31/12/2023
That SINKing feeling

General Discussion

Perhaps widen the hole a bit more and insert a nice piece of timber and make it an in counter knife block??

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBugs & Suggestions
Home
Pros
Forum