Join Login
Building ForumForum Search

Search Function

Page 1 of 1
Im having alittle trouble with the search function - I cant manage to search a string of words, for example " cost per meter square" as it will display all search results with any of the words. Ive tried a few different ways with no luck unfortunately.

I can get it to work on other forums (Im not addicted to forums... promise... I just have a wedding to plan
) just not here
Aaah crap Ive just realised ive managed to post 46 times in two days, that throws my above comment out the window doesnt it?
I had this problem too! I got thousands of search results the first few times
you need to use the word "and"
eg. cost and per and square and metre
when you click on the search button have a look at the instructions on the left
jo
You can also tick the option to search for all words rather than any word. That will return all posts that have all the words cost per square meter in them, but they can be anywhere throughout the post.

If you want a specific string containing those words in that order you use double quotation marks "cost per meter square"
^ See, I did both those options and either way, I ended up with 196 pages of search results of either word, not a string of words.

zonk, thanks for your suggestion, Ill give it a go
Hi
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but here goes.

I am having an issue with the search function, no matter what I search for I don't get any results after the 31st Oct even though I know that there have been more recent posts written. This happens on different devices/computers and the same thing happens when I am logged out as well. Weirdly this issue seemed to happen the day that I started my own thread
, so i am not sure if it is something that I did or if it is a bug in the forum.

~~Lethe~~
Hi Lethe,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, the issue has been resolved and searches should bring up all correct results.
Related
7/04/2024
Modularwalls fence / retaining function & water leakage

General Discussion

I agree with Althom but there also may be a problem with the terra cotta stormwater pipe discharging water in that areas as well. You can just see the top of the pipe at…

You are here
Building ForumForum Search
Home
Pros
Forum