Join Login
Building ForumPhotos, Videos & Avatars

why can't I change my avatar?

Page 1 of 1
Why can't I change my avatar?? I have deleted the old one and trying to put in a new one, have done this many times before, it is only 100 x 100 pixels and 2679 bytes and is in my photobucket album, I am copying 'direct link". why isn't it working?????
Looks like it has worked to me
Does this mean that the truce is over with Eager
Yes, eventually fixed my own problem - I think I played around with it for so long that I fluked it in the end.
Have asked mods to delete this question as I no longer need it answered

Truce??????

What truce - any uneasy truce over the summer is over now!!!!
Interstate AFL rivalry - It's on for young and old!!!
I was looking at the post earlier…..your avatar looked different from last nigh, so I thought you must have got it!!
no don't delete it!! I was trying to change mine earlier today and it wouldn't let me either!

What ended up working for you helyn?
Don't forget it's limited by 100 x 100 pixel dimensions, and not greater than 15kb.
well i re-sized it in photobucket to less than that; but it won't accept the url. does a url have a kb size?
the one i tried to download from puter is 22kb only 7kb too big grrr, don't know how to compress it on this computer.
This site is easy to use. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

You need to save the photo you want for your avatar in a folder and then browse for it, change the size to 100 click on resize and then copy the url into your profile here on Homeone when it's done.
donuts
no don't delete it!! I was trying to change mine earlier today and it wouldn't let me either!

What ended up working for you helyn?

Donuts, I have no idea - I think pure fluke in the end - I was getting so frustrated, I kept getting "this avatar will not upload" message, and I couldn't see why not. Still can't - it fits all the size criteria and was a valid url.I tried various Crows logos and kept getting this - I think it was a Victorian Conspiracy

So, you have moved on from celery to milkshakes, Donuts
, does this mean you are still on the replacement meal shakes?
Yes, Homeone helped me out with uploading it, thanks Jason!

Yes still on the shakes helyn. I need to be reminded to have them rather than normal (*edit* - read JUNK) food so I thought this might do the trick!
Related
14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

26/03/2024
Help! Why are my hybrid floors coming loose?

General Discussion

A Sabco spin mop, minimal moisture, not very regularly. I was told these hybrids are water resistant 🤷‍♀️

15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

You are here
Building ForumPhotos, Videos & Avatars
Home
Pros
Forum