Join Login
Building ForumPhotos, Videos & Avatars

How to post a Photo

Page 14 of 17
Thanks Wildwood for the welcome. I was trying to use dropbox as I already have this, and wanted to avoid getting yet another account, and I had noticed some people have said it's easy to use. I might have to bite the bullet and use something else.

I'll check out your thread though.
testing - trying to use SkyDrive (OneDrive)

hmm, cant seem to get it working.. can anyone assist?

OK got it working
]
bump
How can u post photos so that the photo comes up on the topic title in the feed... Like this:

As the link thread suggested you need to host the photo else where and then add the IMF. Link info into the post. Use photo bucket, Facebook, flicker, a blog page and upload photos to therefirst
kexkez
As the link thread suggested you need to host the photo else where and then add the IMF. Link info into the post. Use photo bucket, Facebook, flicker, a blog page and upload photos to therefirst

I use Photobucket and do use the links provided, but the images don't appear on the feed like those topics do.

Make sure you get the IMG link.

Or on places like facebook or if grabbing a photo from somewhere like google images its the image location link. ( If I right click on an image one of the options that come up are to copy the imagine location. That's the address you need)
This is what you are looking for if you are grabbing an imagine from google or facebook etc. Check out the red circled bit.

Click the IMG button ( see arrow) and the img tags appear. You place your copied location information between the 2 identical [IMG] 's.

When you save your post the image will appear.

On Flicker etc there is actually an option to copy the IMG location directly to clipboard. I know that with Photobucket it already adds the [IMG] bits. I'm not sure if Flicker does the same as it's been too long since I've used it.
I tried with photobucket but as well as the photo appearing the link appeared too with my computer name and folder etc all within the URL brackets. Can I just get the photo without the link.
also is it possible to upload pdf floorplans and if so how?
Many thanks
You need to upload your photo to somewhere. At this point in time you need to upload it to a photo sharing site. eg flicker, facebook, photobucket, pintrest ...

pdf again
1. Do a screen shot of your pdf .
2. Upload to a photo sharing site and then share the url of the image location here using the IMG button in a post. You can see the IMG button if you choose to edit your post once you've posted a quick reply OR immediately if you select "post reply" rather than using the "quick reply" section at the bottom of the page you are reading.
testing..

[IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag235/baconbuttybox/20140716_141235_zps8384d364.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/img]
yippie... at last I think ive got it..
great.
well done Fusion6055

The issue you have the first time is that you told it you wanted to show a picture. Putting in --> [img]then%20the%20address%20of%20the%20photo%20followed%20by[/img] which means end of the picture location but also then added on that it was a URL ( this in simple terms means a website) and then you put [/img] again. (end of picture) So the Homeone website wasn't sure what you wanted to display.
As you can see by my comment above the Homeone site coding desperate tried to decode what image I wanted to share with you purely because of those IMG code tags. Apologies to any computer coders out there reading this and shaking their heads in horror.. Obviously I'm not one so am doing my best to explain.

For a pdf. Copy and save a single screens worth of image from your desktop and then upload it to a photo sharing site as per other photos.
Just testing photo
First test (crossed fingers)

well done
Forum warning !
Stand by for a photo blitzkrieg from Alan62 and MnT.

Stewie
testing
https://imageshack.com/a/17vz/1
All that does belladonna99 is give us a link. Even when I click on it it takes me to your imageshack account which shows three images but they are blank.

Stewie
Related
18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

7/03/2024
Best rust killer/converter for galvanized steel post

General Discussion

That just protects from further rust, l want first to apply a rust converter or rust killer to kill the rust thats there, whats the best one for galvanized steel

5/04/2024
water seeping through from under slab into post hole

General Discussion

Thanks for your advice. So far i have not noticed any issues with doors and windows. Builder advised they will organise drainers to inspect 2 weeks ago but no further…

You are here
Building ForumPhotos, Videos & Avatars
Home
Pros
Forum