Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Independent valuations of carpet installations

Page 1 of 1
We had our carpet installed a couple of months ago and ended up with the view that some of the installation was below standards where by the carpet was not stretched enough in some areas, over streteched in others and burnt in some joins.

When the retailer came to inspect he stated that overall it was a good installation but based on some of the looks and in-direct comments by the technicians who have came around since then (trying to rectify some of our other issues) I'm pretty sure the installation is not up to scratch.

I'd like to get an independent valuation as to the quality of the carpet installation. Does such a service exist?
The Woolsafe organisation have a list of accredited carpet inspectors at www.woolsafe.com.au Col Nation heads Woolsafe in Australia on 0408 066500.

Or if all else fails, there is arbitration available here http://www.carpetinstitute.com.au/downl ... ration.pdf

Perfect, thanks for the info Michelle
did you get this resolved ?

if not, you need to get in contact with a guy named Bill Tree. let me know if you need his information.
Hello

Col here from WoolSafe Australia,

Just googled Woolsafe to see who is using or misusing the name WoolSafe and came across this thread.

I have to do that to ensure that carpet cleaners are not illegally using the WoolSafe name or logo to promote themselves if they are not qualified or entitled to use the name and logo.

For carpet installation issues you will need one of the carpet arbitrators that you will find by going through the Carpet Institute of Australia Limited website.

The WoolSafe inspectors will be able to help more in regard to maintenance issues.

By the way Michelle the phone number you gave is wrong.

It should be 0408 966 500 (0408 WOOL 00)

I'll put up a thread to introduce myself.
Related
24/10/2023
Independent Building Inspectors - I had my first one

Building A New House

That is a really good attitude Akin to you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I do enjoy watching that tik tok inspector from Victoria but he does go a little…

26/10/2023
Builder Charging to Review Independent Reports

Building A New House

It is true that a builder can ignore your independent inspection report as it is not part of the contractual arrangement but that is stupid because he cannot avoid fixing…

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum