Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

What type of flooring do I have?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Just moved into a new house and can’t seem to work out what flooring I have in the backyard patio. Is is slate or not, I have some as stepping stones in the front and they are not heavy at all so I’m a little confused. I’d like to seal it so want to make sure before I start anything. Thanks for your help

Robj01
Is is slate or not

It certainly looks like slate, laid in a "crazy paving" pattern.
Ok cool, thinking about sealing it with Tileguard slate sealer give it a nice wet look finish hope it looks good
Its slate... ask your locale tile shop about which sealer is best for slate.
Hi Michelle, just quickly. We are building a double story. Color selection is due in a week's time but still haven't decided on which flooring to go for upstairs and downstairs. Is it better to have wooden floor downstairs and carpet upstairs or go with tiles downstairs. I am more inclined towards wooden floors downstairs as tiles needs maintenance but wifey is more about tiles as they look better. Please advise on same. Also for upstairs which carpet will be best to have as I have a 2 yr old daughter. I eventually wanted to have floor boards upstairs but builder doesnt provide you with that so for the time being we thought of getting the carpets done with them and then after few years if need to be, we can replace with floorboards.

Thank you
Related
5/03/2024
What type of tile is best for outdoor patios?

Outdoor Living

Natural stone tiles like slate, travertine, and limestone add a timeless, elegant look to…

11/04/2024
What type of cladding is this

General Discussion

That looks like it, thanks very much

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum