Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Patio Floor???

Page 1 of 1
What do you think is the best kind of flooring for a patio area??? Concrete, pavers or tiles??? We were planning on an alfresco, but are now thinking we might not have the alfresco roof, and add a pergola with louvres after the build, to allow more light and make the space more user friendly. Flooring is the next question!
Personally, I'd choose pavers flooring for the patio as I simply love the look of it.
But it all goes down to what you really want and the overall theme of your house.
I have concrete floor at my alfresco area and seriously thinking about putting tiles as the concrete is so difficult to clean with the large dog going into the garden and back especially during wetter months. Pavers will have the same sort of problem I think...
I think we have pretty much decided to go with tiles now.
Tiles is so much easier - pavers are a maintenance nightmare after a couple of years!
Related
4/05/2024
Acrylic render on concrete outdoor patio floor

Flooring & Floor Covering

Has anyone had experience with using this surfacing? I have read it can stain easily.

3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum