Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

What flooring is this?

Page 1 of 1
hi Guys

Extremely new to renovating and this forum. We are looking at buying a property shortly. It is a fairly ok house, but I have these floors which I am really unsure about. They look like stone and to me, they dont fit inside the house at all. They look like an outside area floor. I still like them but not necessarily inside the house.

Would like you guys wonderful expert opinion on them.. What could I do with them and more importantly what are they ?
https://i2.au.reastatic.net/800x600-res ... image6.jpg

Sorry I dont know how to add an image here!
raaziya
hi Guys

Extremely new to renovating and this forum. We are looking at buying a property shortly. It is a fairly ok house, but I have these floors which I am really unsure about. They look like stone and to me, they dont fit inside the house at all. They look like an outside area floor. I still like them but not necessarily inside the house.

Would like you guys wonderful expert opinion on them.. What could I do with them and more importantly what are they ?
https://i2.au.reastatic.net/800x600-res ... image6.jpg

Sorry I dont know how to add an image here!

Hi Raaziya, looks like a slate floor to me. Yes they are a bit dated.but they are sturdy and hard wearing. My two cents on the matter

Yep slate flooring, a lot of people don't like them but I personally think they look pretty cool, if you modernise the rest and pick the right items they will look awesome!

Follow my build

viewtopic.php?t=83885
Related
6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum