Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Cheapest way to buy & install tiles

Page 1 of 1
Besides doing it all myself, is it cheaper to buy the tiles I need (after being advised by a tiler of course of the quantity) and then have a tiler install them, or is it cheaper to go to a one stop shop like Carpet Call or Beaumont Tiles who will install them too?
stevie_sloth
Besides doing it all myself, is it cheaper to buy the tiles I need (after being advised by a tiler of course of the quantity) and then have a tiler install them, or is it cheaper to go to a one stop shop like Carpet Call or Beaumont Tiles who will install them too?

You can't always count on the Tilers to get it right either, we had a new-build where the tiler over-estimated the required amount by half a pallet.

We bought the tiles in that scenario and saved money, mainly because we were able to shop around for the specials, I think the trades just deal on a "the price is the price" scenario. But I could be wrong.
Related
23/05/2024
two way and three-way switch locations

Building A New House

hallway light switches outside each bedroom. Life saver.

15/06/2024
cheapest landscapping option

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi guys, first time building here. I am expecting to have around 325m2 of land / yard space for my land and I am budgeting 50k for landscaping. Hopefully my expectation…

27/06/2023
Drive way channel drain

General Discussion

Yeah mine about 9 metres long and 8 wide with slope of 25% at one point but the end point of the outlet is past the side of garage and if he concretes allowing for…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum