Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Floating Floor installation times?

Page 1 of 1
Just a query for those who have had floating floors installed, how long did the process take when using an installer? ie: through the flooring company?

Last build we went DIY and of course took a few days as not keen to move in straight away and could take time getting it done, amongst other things!
This time we are getting it done via Choices Flooring and they'll do our carpets at the same time.
We have approx 110sqm of floating floors to do through hallways, living areas and the study.

I have no idea how long it takes a professional to do it normally and was keen to hear of the timeframes people have experienced.
Just done my new build (roughly 250sqm) and that took 3 full days for an installer and his wife. 110sqm shouldn't take more than 2 days, or one if you have enough people working on it.

Thankyou.

I was hoping it would be around the 2 day mark.
2 days for me, also. Family/kitchen/meals, plus a long wide hallway and a small return to the laundry and powder room. Includes inside of pantry, as well. 2 blokes.
Awesome, thanks for that.
Seems to be the theme!
Related
18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

13/02/2024
DA vs CDC (Approval Times) in Ku-ring-gai Council?

Building A New House

Hi Minho I have heaps of experience in Ku-ring-gai with both DAs and CDC ( this is the main area we build in). DA's are taking 12-18months and CDC's we have been doing…

7/02/2024
How to repair buckled floating floor?

Flooring & Floor Covering

Thanks, that's the motivation I needed to give it a try sooner rather than one day!

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum