Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

HM Walk Timber Flooring

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Trying to build a house for the first time, and we were quoted price by Dale Alcock for HM Walk timber flooring.

http://www.moxontimbers.com.au/new-product-hm-walk-engineered-flooring-1

It only has 0.6mm veneer and my understanding is that its not meant to be re-sanded and only re-coated if the coating starts to worn off. In saying that, the website seems to claim that re-sanding is not necessary with this type of engineered timber.

I have nil experience when it comes to timber, in fact this is the first time I started to understand the whole re-sanding/re-coating thing.

So I would like some experienced feedback about this type of timber flooring? What should I look out for and whether I should really spend the extra money on better product? If so, what product would you recommend without breaking the budget too much?

We are looking to live in the house probably 7-8 years to come.. we have one small bub who will probably likes to play around the house...

Thanks in advance!
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

9/04/2024
Proposed walk in linen

Renovation + Home Improvement

Do you really want to accommodate the window? What is on the outside of the window? Do you want to be able to see your towels from outside? I would blank the window from…

21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum