Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Polished concrete without aggregate

Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to do polished concrete without showing the aggregate?

I thought I'd seen this but wonder if it is just a concrete with some kind of coating.
Yes you can have polished concrete without aggregate, it is coloured concrete and they dont cut into the slab as hard. Slightly different process from what i can remember.

Cheers
TheEstimator
No grip on tyres on rainy days.
really depends on what you are after...and the budget.

We toyed with the idea of a light grind on our floors but were talked out of it by our supplier, and we couldnt be happier. Mind you we went with a pretty expensive option, which was a 100mm overlay on top of our slab. We didnt want the full on industrial look that a grey polished slab will give you, even though that can look spectacular in some settings. we had a white concrete with a lot of white quartz through it laid and ground to full ag exposure..and it looks amazing.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/sceen7/161111061.jpg

A light grind can give a salt and pepper look with areas of no stone exposed at all, depending on the concrete it can look great....if not a little plain. Be wary of companies that offer stains and sealing with eurothane type products, ultimately they dont wear anywhere near as good as the honed methods.

Oh and after all that i am presuming you are talking about floors for inside and not exposed ag for the driveway lol
Thanks everyone.

Our builder says they are doing a lot of burnished concrete floors and this is less expensive than polishing. We ended up being able to afford a polished finish with light exposure which is our preferred look. I can't wait to see it.
kjag
Thanks everyone.

Our builder says they are doing a lot of burnished concrete floors and this is less expensive than polishing. We ended up being able to afford a polished finish with light exposure which is our preferred look. I can't wait to see it.

oops didnt realize how old the op was lol ...look foward to seeing some pics
Related
19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum