Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Can I use laminate flooring as a interior roof feature?

Page 1 of 1
So, we are building, and I am just preparing now for all the finishing touches.. in our entry and under our alfresco, we are looking at adding either actual wood or flooring to our roof spaces..

Per:

Silly question (maybe not really) can I use Laminate Flooring? It will never fade etcetc.. the next question is.. how would I mount it?
Very creative!!!

Yes you should be able to use the laminate, at least it will be easy to clean!

The important thing is, it should NEVER get wet. Is there any chance of that? Doesn't look like it in the photo.

Will you be putting up there yourself?
I have found that PD use the product Glosswood (google!) for 1.82sq's (not sqm) you can pay $119.

20sqm would need about 7/8 boxes.. So about $800.. Apparently its designed for this type of work. So we will be looking at that. Yup, we will be doing it ourselves.
Good detective work humble
I'll jot that down. Thanks
Rups
Good detective work humble
I'll jot that down. Thanks

Bowens in taylors lakes is the local supplier
So it seems fairly straight forward. Like laying a deck but in the other way up.
humble
Like laying a deck but in the other way up.

Nice idea, humble. "Like laying a deck" --> would you have "beams" running under your alfresco roof and then nail the laminate flooring ? Interested in hearing how you plan to do this.
The final product is going to look good. Good luck !
cheers
Yer. So like laying a deck, we would run 20mm 'beams' across the studs, then using the glue recommended by glosswood and hidden nails, attach the decking.

Drill holes in the for the lights, pull them through and we are done.

So the entry, portico and alfresco we think. About 30sqm. So should cost under 1.5k.
Wow !! that's going to look awesome. I had similar plans ( although the laminate flooring use is your original
). We dont have an alfresco at the moment, so was going to use the Stratco one as base setup and then 'modify' it to give it a timber look.
Keep us posted with how you go.
Good luck
Sorted, well done all.
You could also use tung and groove pine lining boards. I did this to a ceiling in a kitchen years ago and it looked great.
Related
25/11/2023
Laminate flooring and curved brick hearth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Just about completed a renovation project and hit a small issue that we didn’t see We have laminate floors now where we had tiles before (turned out it was actually 2…

12/04/2024
Can you use plasterboard for window jambs, reveals, sills?

Windows & Doors

Plasterboard Gyprock is very popular as a reveal liner these days. You need to provide a way of supporting it, we use a modified timber reveal or bracket. You will be…

2/06/2024
Can I use plans purchased online....?

General Discussion

The plan (excuse the pun) ideally is to do just that and take the basic floor plans and elevations that we have bought and have a draftsman replicate them to comply prior…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum