Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Laying Parquetry Flooring on imperfect slab

Page 1 of 1
We were after some advice or suggestions on the best way to complete a parquetry job in our home. We have jack hammered up the old tiles and a thick mortar bed which was bonding the tiles to the slab. We have used a concrete grinder over the slab to remove most of the high bits. The result is a slightly uneven and chipped slab as the tiles were almost impossible to get up. Using the grinder any further is not making much of a difference.

The parquetry we have is Blackbutt, 30mm deep, and we want to adhere this directly to the slab, ie not with an underlay as the floor will be too high.

Can anyone offer any advice on how the parquetry should be laid to a slab in imperfect condition? Thanks so much!
There are various floor leveling products to trowel over your floor, to get the floor smooth and level.
Don't try laying the parquetry on the rough floor.
Related
1/03/2024
Waterproofing slab before laying floor buttons....

General Discussion

Hey There. No problems re jumping in. My original question was "should I have waterproofed" the concrete slab before putting batons down. We have been told we should…

21/02/2024
Oil under boards before laying

General Discussion

I'm about to put down some Merbau. Is it necessary to oil underneath the boards before laying?

31/05/2024
Structafloor/subfloor laying question 3600x800 sheets.

General Discussion

As above, you will need to trim your sheet to land on the joist, also make sure you are running your length at right angles to the joists

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum