Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Please help - timber floors , not yellow or orange

Page 1 of 1
I am in desperate need of help with deciding on a timber floor that will not look too golden or orange. I would like light grey/brown/beige/cream tonings if possible. I also need information on what to apply on it so it doesn't change too much. i have been looking into blackbutt and mesmate. Are there any others that might be more what I like? Please any help or advise would be appreciated. Also I was reading a thread on laying timber over a slab last week and I can't find it. Is there an easy way of finding tops?
The orange colour in finishes comes from the aging of the solvent based finishes (tung oils, oil modified etc)

If you want a finish that will keep its colour try the water based polyurethane - Bona

As for colours, look for the hardwoods that are grouped in the Creams area. Northern Beech is a selection of timbers which may suit.

If you are looking for something regarding laying over a slab you could be looking for Direct Stick methods - try that search
Related
10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

26/03/2024
Help! Why are my hybrid floors coming loose?

General Discussion

A Sabco spin mop, minimal moisture, not very regularly. I was told these hybrids are water resistant 🤷‍♀️

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum