Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Vinyl Plank Flooring

Page 1 of 1
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has laid vinyl flooring planks in their house. We have been looking at the Allure range from harvey Norman, but aren't too fond of the planks with the rippled surface (makes it look too plastic). Over the past couple of days, I have seen Armstrong Luxe planks, which have the same adhesive concept as the allure, and I think that they have them with a smooth surface. I need to go and visit a retailer, to get more info, but would like to hear if anyone has heard any stories (good or bad) about these products.
I have it in my current abode and it is a fantastic product, it does look like wood until you get up really close. It has been laid on a concrete slab. Very happy with the product and how it wears, soft underfoot. I have dropped crockery onto it and it hasn't broken.

Don't let anyone swing on their chair (like some grandchildren do!) or it will make indents in it and remove the colour, which I have had to use a special pen to colour in.
The surface embossing hides marks, scuffs etc. Everything is designed a way for a reason. If you buy a "smooth" floor, you'll see EVERY mark, EVERY scratch, EVERY footprint etc all the time. Also, the new product is no where near the quality of the Allure product, in my opinion. There is no comparison in terms of the locking system (totally different). Allure is the original product, the new one is trying to copy it without infringing on Allures copyright/patents.
Hi Anthony, Thanks for the feedback. So in your opinion what's the best vinyl floor plank to go for? Do you have a store with products on display? I am just around the corner in Ashwood.
If you go with a standard vinyl plank, as in traditional stick down plank, then Amtico is a terrific product to look at. If you want to save some money on floor prep and even laying (very easy DIY), then the Allure is the go.

HN Chadstone - 699 Warrigal Road. I am the franchisee of the flooring business.
Hi Anthony, I take it then that Allure don't produce a vinyl plank with a smooth surface? I love the concept of the floating floor, and the saving on prep / laying is huge, but think that the rippled surface makes the product look plastic. After all, not many (if any) real wood floors have rippled surfaces....they are all sanded smooth.
Mikapi
Hi Anthony, I take it then that Allure don't produce a vinyl plank with a smooth surface? I love the concept of the floating floor, and the saving on prep / laying is huge, but think that the rippled surface makes the product look plastic. After all, not many (if any) real wood floors have rippled surfaces....they are all sanded smooth.

They have various textures, but generally they are embossed. Ironically, the most expensive pvc floors, like Art Select from Karndean, are VERY textured to emulate the old style timber grains and textures...and the cheap ones have almost no texture at all...Some colours are more anad some less embossed in Allure - you need to look at the range in its entirety, including allure garage and allure boutique. Also, youll see Amtico planks on offer which are smoother.
Hi your house would not be on stumps by any chance? If yes would you pls go to my posting, zarda, planks vs sheets, todays date.
Regards Lisa
what sort of prices are people being quoted per sqm for the allure floors?
Related
6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum