Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Quick-Step

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, has anyone had any experience installing Quick-Step laminate flooring on their own? If so, I'd love to hear all about it....am thinking of installing ourselves but feeling very nervous about it. Not sure how easy it is and am afraid if it turns out looking not that great because am a NEWBIE at installing laminate flooring eventhough they are meant to be installed DIY.
kath1773
Hi there, has anyone had any experience installing Quick-Step laminate flooring on their own? If so, I'd love to hear all about it....am thinking of installing ourselves but feeling very nervous about it. Not sure how easy it is and am afraid if it turns out looking not that great because am a NEWBIE at installing laminate flooring eventhough they are meant to be installed DIY.

Not as easy as they say most people dont do such a good job and often i get calls to help finish it off.
Second that one mickve.
You can usually pick a DIY job by the finish at door jams, junctions,and stagger of planks.
Also the fitting of uniclic planks can be tricky, as they have to be clicked-in in both directions. Length and ends. One way is click length and then tap into the end. But peaking on the ends can easily happen if hit too much. Or cut, then fit entire row with just the side click. this usually a 2 person job if the runs are long. At jams etc you can't do it that way.
Quicker and no tapping, or damage, of the main body planks is done by fitting end plank and lifting and pulling into side plank. That is an art that come with experience.
Related
26/08/2023
renovate bathroom remove step up into ensuite

Bathrooms and Laundry

the step up is 30mm and wanting it to be flat . how much does the concrete have to be lowered .we plan on removing bath and lenghten shower and adding seat. the old bath…

18/01/2024
Brick wall small step cracks

General Discussion

Do I need to concern about this pattern of crack? Is this crack showing some signs of bigger problems? Thanks for any suggestions!

25/03/2024
Front step at doorway

Building A New House

Take a pick with a level sittingo n the slab and a pick with a level sitting on the sill please. This will help us diagnose the issue and therefore a solution. RE,…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum