Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Heelp!! Tiling entire flat - where to start!!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone!
Help! I want to tile my entire flat, but I also need to get new kitchen cupboards and a new vanity for my bathroom and I want to paint the walls too. Should I get the cupboards and vanity installed first, or should I get the tiles done first? Should I paint first or wait for the tiles, kitchen and bathroom fix ups?? I really need to get it all happening soon, so any suggestions would be great!

Also, is there any reputable tile dealers that also install them? Is there any tilers that also would be able to do kitchen cupboards and a vanity?
Personally I think its better to tile before you get your cabinets installed. That way, in the future if you ever want to modify anything or replace your kitchen you dont have to worry about gaps in tiles.

You can get a "handyman" to do everything but keep in mind that they are just that - a handyman. From what Ive seen, you will get nowhere near the quality or technical application that people specifically qualified in an area would give you.
If your floor is level that fine - you can tile before. If it isnt it would be hard to hide things afterwards. Your cabinet maker may want to pack the kitchen to make it level. Tiles around word normally hiding an packed areas.
The cabinet maker shouldnt "pack" the kitchen as such. If they are using solid kickers for the kitchen to sit on then these should be leveled out, otherwise they would tweak the adjustable legs.
yeah but you will be left with a gap
You mean where the kickers touch the floor? Your definately right, especially if the tiler isnt doing the job he's supposed to and isnt levelling it out.
Related
26/12/2023
Granny Flat + Studio

Building A New House

I would suggest you simply go and talk to council about your proposal, most councils are getting onboard with ancillary dwellings. There is no benefit in keeping it…

31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum