Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Flooring help. Removing quads or scotia

Page 1 of 1

So kitchen went in first.
Picture showing quads everywhere.
Any options to remedy if we don't want the quads for our new house?

We thought of adding extra layer of kitchen panel or kickboard to hide the expansion gaps but what about the waterfall?
Also, what about the quads at the timber screen (bottom left image).
Or is ripping out the floor and replacing another product an option? (No tiles).
welcomepostage

We thought of adding extra layer of kitchen panel or kickboard to hide the expansion gaps but what about the waterfall?
Or is ripping out the floor and replacing another product an option? (No tiles).

What did you decide to do? We just had our hybrid floor laid and the installers put scotia around the kitchen island which I hate. Is it possible to remove it and replace with metal trim without damaging both the island and the floor?
welcomepostage

I have just had laminate floors installed in a new build. The floors look great but the scotia in the kitchen looks terrible and hadn’t expected it and I got quite a shock when I saw it. It really ruins the waterfall edge on the island. Not sure if there is anything that can be done to remedy it. I thought perhaps painting it white to match the skirting. Although the stone is light grey and this might make the scotia stand out even more. What did you end up doing as a solution?
Related
28/07/2023
Removing items from contract

Building A New House

The best advice is for you to get a competent building consultant to guide you through your build

2/05/2024
Removing rust from steel i beams

General Discussion

thanks, yes they are dry , thats a good idea with fish oil as sanding will be hard

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum