Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Quantum Vinyl Planks by Proline

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys
We are looking at installing about 125sqm of quantum vinyl plank flooring upstairs, professionally installed by choices and they will lay Masonite down first so we have a levelled floor.
Plus we have 16 stairs with a rectangle platform.
Quoted approx $14,500. Installed with removal of current carpet. My question is
Has anyone had this installed in an upstairs area on Masonite and how is it coping with change of temperature seeing upstairs always gets hotter or colder etc?

Is the colour fading or still ok?

The only reason I’m going with this brand as they are proline are the only company that I can find that does matching stair noses for vinyl plank, the only other matching stair nose is hybrid, but that’s not an option as we don’t want our floor boards touched.
Sorry for long post.. but this is a huge thing for us..
We installed Quantum planks 18 months ago on a concrete floor and have huge glass sliding doors, we have had no fading from the sun. It is very easy to look after. We are very happy.
Thank you
Bebbsy
We installed Quantum planks 18 months ago on a concrete floor and have huge glass sliding doors, we have had no fading from the sun. It is very easy to look after. We are very happy.

Hi. I know it's been almost a year since your post. Can you please help me with your experience with your flooring? Here is my post:

We've had our vinyl floor planks (by Proline) for 12 months now. I'm noticing that the grain-look design grooves are staining and not cleaning up. I mop with Sugarsoap as per installer/supplier (and manufacturer?) guidelines. While this cleans the surface of the floor (not great but ok), it doesn't clean the grooves at all and the floor has started to discolour with stains. I mop over twice and scrub quite well with the mop.

I'm so tempted to use a steam mop but I know that will probably damage the vinyl flooring over time.

Has anyone used a steam mop on vinyl floor planks?
Related
6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum