Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

I work in flooring - do you have a flooring question?

Page 39 of 50
Michelle
Taniaimran
Also, what do you think of Godfrey Hirst Hybrid flooring? How do you compare it with Abode Noble?

I haven't see the G/Hirst, we don't have that flooring.
What you need to do is compare their core structure and backings.

De Novo Concepts - Online

thanks a lot .
I'll probably stick to the abode noble.
I'm confused which one to choose, whether the gloss laminate or the matte one (with grain texture). The gloss laminate looks nice but is it much better in the long run (appearance and practicality)?

We're installing it in our first floor of the home as we cannot have carpets (allergy).

Thanks
Melbournevic
I'm confused which one to choose, whether the gloss laminate or the matte one (with grain texture). The gloss laminate looks nice but is it much better in the long run (appearance and practicality)?

We're installing it in our first floor of the home as we cannot have carpets (allergy).

Thanks

Friends of our installed a high gloss laminate. They realised almost immediately it was a mistake. It scratched very easily, showed dust and footprints. They were sweeping and mopping on a daily basis and it never looked clean.

Within a couple of months they pulled it all up and laid a matt laminate which they are very happy with.
Bebbsy
Melbournevic

Thanks

Friends of our installed a high gloss laminate. They realised almost immediately it was a mistake. It scratched very easily, showed dust and footprints. They were sweeping and mopping on a daily basis and it never looked clean.

Within a couple of months they pulled it all up and laid a matt laminate which they are very happy with.

I agree, everything is matt now and looks so much better for it!!
Thanks Bebbsy and Michelle, helps me a lot with my decision making. I'll go for matt laminate.
Hi again Michelle,

We have finalised the flooring to be korlok karndean smoked black butt. I loved the color.

Now I have a carpet related question. Our builder gave us the tuftmasyer harbour town range and I like the eternity rosewell range.

Would you be able to tell which one is better? Eternity Roswell with underlay felt softer...
the tuft master harbour town is also 💯 nylon but has polypropylene primary backing. I am not sure what the backing is on eternity or if it matters also.

Please help.
Taniaimran
Hi again Michelle,

We have finalised the flooring to be korlok karndean smoked black butt. I loved the color.

Now I have a carpet related question. Our builder gave us the tuftmasyer harbour town range and I like the eternity rosewell range.

Would you be able to tell which one is better? Eternity Roswell with underlay felt softer...
the tuft master harbour town is also 💯 nylon but has polypropylene primary backing. I am not sure what the backing is on eternity or if it matters also.

Please help.

Hmmm... Tufmaster only do a hesion backing, which is why I bought Tuftmaster for my home. Thumbs up from me for the Rosewell range. Hesion will not stretch like other backing's can.

Michelle
Taniaimran
Hi again Michelle,

Please help.

Hmmm... Tufmaster only do a hesion backing, which is why I bought Tuftmaster for my home. Thumbs up from me for the Rosewell range. Hesion will not stretch like other backing's can.

Hi Again Michelle,

sorry for being lame but does that mean that rosewell is better or tuftmaster harbor town is better?
hesion backing is a good thing to have? I am not sure what it means.

https://www.tuftmastercarpets.com.au/ha ... HJH0PZuKB0
this is the harbor town tuftmaster that our builder is giving us. Rosewell eternity felt softer under foot with underlay.

how do you rate these for stain resistance and other ratings also? or are they equal in quality?
Michelle
Taniaimran
Hi again Michelle,

Please help.

lovely house you got there
Taniaimran
Michelle
Taniaimran
Hi again Michelle,

Please help.

This is what they are offering to put.
Taniaimran
Michelle
Taniaimran
Hi again Michelle,

Please help.

Thank you
I need to seal my concrete soon.
Taniaimran

4 star, I never go less than 5, if you have stairs you need 6 star.
Michelle
Taniaimran

Thanks a bunch.

What product range of Tuftmaster have ypu bought?
Taniaimran
Michelle
Taniaimran

Thanks a bunch.

What product range of Tuftmaster have ypu bought?

Through Choice's it's call Ritola, top end of the range.
thanks but isn't Ritola an eternity carpet also?
Taniaimran
thanks but isn't Ritola an eternity carpet also?

Yes, its in the Choices group called Eternity.
HI Michelle

Just have stupid question if you don't mind it.

1- is this Hybrid Flooring ? Could not find Hybrid Flooring on choicesflooring website.

https://www.nationaltiles.com.au/flooring/shop-by-type-flooring/hybrid?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyZeT1pDb4AIVziMrCh0Vpgz_EAAYBCAAEgISpfD_BwE

2- Above mentioned Hybrid Flooring from National Tiles is 6 mm Thick. My builder put skirting as prime or nailed rather than tack or glue. Would 6 mm thickness is a problem ? I heard under 5 mm thickness skirting prim or nail is not a problem. I could be wrong

Thanks
nafeesra

The choices website on the vinyl page - the first 2 lines are the abode range, they are the hybrids. Yes, not very well advertised I have to say.

https://www.choicesflooring.com.au/viny ... ing-range/

Yes, it seems your link is a hybrid flooring.
Not quite sure what you are meaning with the skirting, we install 14mm floating floors plus 2mm underlay under skirts, no problem.

De Novo Concepts

Hi all, I thought I would post some recent photos of a project I did the end of last year. This is a holiday rental at Coolangatta NSW on the south coast. Full renovation, internal and externals. The flooring I chose was Karndean looselay long boards in French Grey Oak. I went straight over the existing tiles with a skim coat of ardex first.
My client is very happy with m y chosen flooring for investment.

De Novo Concepts - Online Consultations world wide.
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

12/11/2023
Beginner advice - how can we make this house work for us???

Renovation + Home Improvement

I posted the floorplan on Houzz.com forum and got some really good ideas and advice from people there. Then we reached out to a couple of renovation companies and one…

25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum