Join Login
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering

Bamboo Flooring?

Page 4 of 6
aLLaNNa1
We've been to this place in WA which specializes in bamboo floors: http://www.bamboozle.com.au/

They're abit expensive, being $83/sqm for boards only, and $138/sqm fully installed for their best quality stuff. They claim that this is much better than other compressed bamboo.....but im not too convinced its worth the price. It does look and feel good though....and very hard too.

Has anyone installed their products before or have any feedback on this company?

Hi Allanna

My parents have just decided to put this in their house. They are also putting it on the stairs and the cost to lay the stairs is the same cost to lay the other 250sqm of flooring so be careful if you have steps.

I will let you know how it goes but they were pretty impressed with Bamboozle.
Hello,

I am also wondering if anyone has had Mosowood bamboo flooring in their house?

We are looking at using Bamboo Select in Oakleigh as we were very impressed when we checked out their showroom. The uniclic system means no toxic glues or nailing and the 25 year structural warranty seems good. In particular the Barossa and Brown Mallee Distressed took our interest.

We were quoted $110 per m2.

Has anyone used Bamboo Select or Mosowood and are you happy with the result? Can anyone recommend any other good bamboo flooring suppliers in Melbourne?

Cheers,
Oh, wow. We visited their showroom today!!! I was really impressed with the service and the quality of the product. We are both sold on bamboo and can't wait to have it in our house. I am waiting on a quote. We are keen on strandwoven with underlay. We liked both the high country and the Australiana colours. I really like the fact that it's a renewable resource. I didn't realise that bamboo is a grass and when they harvest, it just keeps growing back. Plus the fact it is so strong is also a bonus...and it looks beautiful!

You know, we had difficulty finding the showroom and actually went into K L D Flooring in the next block. Their price was $83 per sqm fully installed! I questioned why it was so cheap. He talked about them owing the factory in China where they make all the boards. He said they don't use any formaldehyde when I asked. They are considerably cheaper but I like the other set-up better. We've just gotta work out whether we like them enough to pay them a few thousand extra!
We are also looking at Mosowood bamboo flooring - we really like the Austaliana colour - but are going to install it ourselves. My FIL installed a floor a few months ago and is happy to help out. That will save us a few thousand.
Hi Rowena,

It sounds as if we are having the same thoughts. We are happy to pay a bit more than some other suppliers if everything the guys in the showroom say are correct i.e. the high quality bamboo, the warranty and the sustainability etc.

There was another bamboo flooring place in the same ideas centre and they were slightly more expensive than Bamboo & Timber Select so I guess their pricing is not outrageous.

We are definately having the flooring installed though. We are not the most handy of people and I just know we would stuff it up somehow. Good on you Fiffaro - let us know how it goes.

Charlie
I actually went into zhu bamboo today (previously visited bamboozle- adore the bamwood)

Was very impressed with their setup and their warranty 25 years!
mckelvie
I actually went into zhu bamboo today (previously visited bamboozle- adore the bamwood)

Do you know what the prices are like for their products?
Hi All,

I have got the Mosowood Uniclic in 'High Country' colour from Bamboo & Timber Select.
For an indication of how it looks like and how easy it is to install check out my blog:
http://rlay1.blogspot.com/2009/10/insta ... -play.html

Cheers,

R.
fastnbulbous
mckelvie

Do you know what the prices are like for their products?

Sorry so late getting back to you on this..

We have 200sqm being laid of their engineered bamboo - coffee colour, plus 20 stair treads and nosings. The stairs are the most expensive to get done!

All up our quote was for $22,000.

Cheers
Good brand of the bamboo is the Compressed bamboo this is the best.

marcus
Hello fastnbulbous

The price of soild compressed bamboo is $110 fully installed
The engineered like bamboozle same board we sell for $125 fully installed.
hello mckelvie

The warranty 25 years is a factory warranty, how can you claim on that if bamboo company you bought it from goes under, how will you know what factory they got it from.
Buy bamboo flooring from a company that gives you the warranty not factory warranty.

marcus
Hi All,

I am looking at putting Bamboo in a 120m2 area.
I have been looking at the moso bamboo. It looks really good.
I have also found elite bamboo. Does anybody know much about it. On there website they have some great colours. They had it on sale for $74m2. Would love some feedback.
I had the chance to go check out this elite bamboo product with my family on the weekend thanks to sport being washed out with the heavy rain. Unfortunately so did everybody else. I went to a flooring shop in Brookvale Sydney. They were packed with people. I didn't know the strandwoven came in so many colours. They were very helpful. The sales guy was great! I told him I missed the sale they had a couple of weeks ago and he gave it to me for the same price. He even gave me acoustic underlay for half the price. It was so good to actually see the different bamboo products down on the floor in a big area. Every other shop I went into see the bamboo only had a sample board. The colour we purchased was 130mm boards Coral Reef Antique. They showed me how easy it is to install and they are giving me a installation dvd. I will post some feedback after I install it in 3 weeks.
look forward to seeing the pics in a few weeks time. good luck with the installation.

we've decided to get ours from Perfect Timber Floors. they have offices throughout Melbourne. On sale you can get the strandwoven, coffee colour for between $97-99sqm fully installed. Cheaper than Bamboo Select in Oakleigh.
Rowena
look forward to seeing the pics in a few weeks time. good luck with the installation.

we've decided to get ours from Perfect Timber Floors. they have offices throughout Melbourne. On sale you can get the strandwoven, coffee colour for between $97-99sqm fully installed. Cheaper than Bamboo Select in Oakleigh.

Have you had yours installed? any feedback so far? Are the stuff from Perfect timber the same brand as Timber select?

Anyone else had mosowood stuff installed from timber select. We went there on the weekend and quite like the look of the strandwowen one. They said they had a sale for $109 installed with the thicker underlay thrown in if place deposit by 30th June and pickup with next 12 months. The bad bit is the popular Australiana is an 8 weeks wait which is a bit long for us as we are now at PCI.

I looked on ebay at few places and it seem you can get them much cheaper (don't know if it's the same quality). Found this place near us which we may go look at http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Strand-Woven-Uni ... 27b24c6e81.
I have no answer, but I've always wondered how can one really know if "This product is 100% formaldehyde free, manufactured using the latest technology, this product is of the highest quality.**"
Lex,

In general that is the problem with lots of products (not just bamboo), no one to cert those products / claims (maybe the ACCC but only when something goes wrong which may be too late).
Exactly
That's why I try to stay away from products like these where you have to rely on someone's words and writings ... I'd rather use locally manufactured stuff and those that I can check the exact brand and product name of (and investigate it first, like for example coating type) and trace the exact local manufacturer with their full adrress etc.
BTW, one flooring place told me that all bamboo is imported because Australia 'does not have the technology to produce it yet' ...
when i was doing my house, i found the ************************ to be both reasonable in prices and stock good bamboo flooring. there other companies that stock same board such as ****** but they are too expensive. for the same board (some companies refer to it as bamwood) you can save $13m2. if i was you i would compare the boards and make sure im not paying too much for the same board. I also discovered that ********* and ********** do there own installation . they do not hire contractors. well thats just view because i would the owner takes responsibility than a contractor
Related
6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumFlooring & Floor Covering
Home
Pros
Forum